I am a permanent researcher at the Institute for Structure of Matter of the Italian National Research Council (CNR-ISM) in Rome, Italy.
Previously I held positions at the
Department of Physics, University of Rome "Tor Vergata" (Italy), where I continue to collaborate. I am also a member of the
European Theoretical Spectroscopy Facility.
e-mail : conor.hogan at the roma2 email = roma2.infn.it
telephone : +39 06 7259 4894
fax : +39 06 2023507
Dipartimento di Fisica
Universita' di Roma "Tor Vergata"
Via della Ricerca Scientifica 1
: determination of clean and adsorbed surface structures via interpretation of surface optical
spectra (RAS, SDR) from first principles, including large reconstruction and vicinal surfaces
: Simulation of reflectance energy loss experiments (HREELS, REELS)
: electronic and optical properties of porphyrin-based systems from MBPT
Physical Review B (Rapid Comm.) 71, 041308 (2005)
- Correlation effects in the optical spectra of porphyrin oligomer chains: Exciton confinement and length dependence Conor Hogan, Maurizia Palummo, Johannes Gierschner, Angel Rubio, J. Chem. Phys. 138, 024312 (2013)
- Optical characterization of gold chains and steps on the vicinal Si(557) surface: Theory and experimentConor Hogan, Niall McAlinden, John McGilp,Physica Status Solidi B 249, 1095-1104 (2012), invited. Editor's Choice 2012.
- Ab initio electronic and optical spectra of free-base porphyrins: The role of electronic correlationMaurizia Palummo, Conor Hogan, Francesco Sottile, Paolo Bagala, Angel Rubio
Journal of Chemical Physics 131 (2009) 084102
- Spontaneous formation of surface antisite defects in the stabilization of the Sb-rich GaSb(001) surfaceConor Hogan, Rita Magri, Rodolfo Del Sole, Phys. Rev. Lett. 104, 157402 (2010)
- Geometric structure and optical properties of the GaAs(001)-c(4×4) surfaceC. Hogan, E. Placidi, and R. Del Sole, Physical Review B (Rapid Comm.) 71, 041308 (2005)
- Theory of dielectric screening and electron energy loss spectroscopy at surfaces Comptes rendus - Physique 10 (2009), 560-574 in "Theoretical Spectroscopy", Lucia Reining, Ed.
- My Researcher ID page